In my "Looking Back....." post I reflected on the past year by pointing out what went well while trying to find positive lessons in the less successful ventures. It was a good exercise, but now it’s time to look forward.
Last week I mentioned the word "simplify". I have decided to have that be my "word of the year" and to use it to guide and influence any planning I do. After looking back at the past year, I was faced with the glaring reality that I have been trying to do too much. (A few of you may be chuckling to yourself thinking "she is just now figuring that out?") I have been feeling scattered for awhile and I am tired of it.
|©2012 Dianne Poinski "iPhoneography"|
So in my quest for a little less overwhelm, I am making a few changes and declaring a few new intentions. I will probably talk more about each one later, but for now I think I just need to get them out of my head and listed in some sort of format.
- I will no longer scan original hand colored photographs to make prints. New images will be processed digitally and prints will be made from those files. Black and white prints will still be made and hand colored, but they will not be reproduced. This decision came from information I shared in an earlier post about "the book".
- Speaking of the book......................I hope to have that really finished by Valentine's day.
- I need to take some time and organize my images. I sometimes spend hours looking for files and it's not how I want to spend my time..........
- I am closing my Imagekind "shop", but for now I will still offer images on Fine Art America. That may go away as well.......not sure yet.
- I want my focus this year to be about learning and experimenting and then sharing what I discover through workshops, videos and posts on my blog.
- Finally, I would like to spend more time connecting with other like minded photographers and artists in person and online.
That's about it! I am sure more will surface, but I am feeling very clear and excited, but I can't leave without sharing one more iPhone image. (Seriously, this is way too much fun......)
©2012 Dianne Poinski "iPhoneography"
PS: You may have noticed I took "Hand Colored" out of the name of the blog. This does not mean I will no longer hand color. I just want to feel free to share about all forms of photography here and not limit myself. Again, this is something I will probably talk about in a future post, but for now I just want to make it clear that hand coloring is still my main form of expression and I plan to continue to do it for as long as I can.