The other day I was sharing with a friend my laundry list of unfinished projects and my failure to achieve a few of the goals I had set for myself. She was kind enough to remind me that while some of what I said was true, why not list what I did manage to accomplish and use that to measure my progress instead.
This is not my natural way of being in the world. I have a tendency to be more of a "half empty" type of person. My first thoughts always go to what didn't work instead of what did, but I am willing to mix things up a bit and try something different.
So with that being said, here is a list of what I am feeling good about as we approach the end of the year.
- Almost 400 people downloaded my free "Intro to Hand Coloring" e-book.
- I launched Photo Artistry Workshop and exceeded my estimate of how many people would join.
- Moved my studio.
- Had a successful 2 person gallery show with 20+ new images
- Two images were accepted for licensing by Marian Heath Greeting Card Company.
- Created a calendar.......finally (I have been wanting to do this for 10 years and actually made it happen this year!)
- Decreased my debt by $1700.
©2011 Dianne Poinski
another "iPhone Instagram"........
- You knew what would make it to the top of the list - the book. All year I said it was going to happen and it did not. Positive spin: As one very good friend pointed out, I did the work of compiling the images and designing the book, it's just not printed yet. I will have an update about the book in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned...............
- My expenses were close to the same amount as last year. My goal was to reduce my expenses significantly and was disappointed at first to see that dollar amount not really change. Positive spin: Moving my studio contributed to part of that number and the scanning, printing and framing for the show in September was more than I thought it would be. You take those events out of the equation and I did pretty good.
- Still in debt. Positive spin: The amount I owe is less than the amount I owed this time last year.
- Some things did not go as well as I thought they would. No need to go into a lot of detail, but a couple of my ideas turned out to consume more time and energy than I thought they would. Positive spin: I gained a lot of clarity as a result and learned from the experiences.
Next week I will talk a little bit about my intentions for 2012. I will give you a hint; one word - "simplify".
So until then, best wishes for a new year filled with adventures, health and happiness!
2012 - bring it on!!